Urban Outsiders At Our Home

HGTV came out and redid our backyard in Los Angeles for their new show Urban Outsiders. This blog follows the entire journey and will be updated as the show airs. Entries are listed from recent to oldest-- just like with most blogs-- so if you want the whole story from the beginning, start in the archives.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

HGTV Countdown Day 1 -- WTF?!

I had a hard time sleeping last night because I was super excited about our episode of Urban Outsiders premiering today. Steve's been anxious for the last few days but I've been on TV a couple times-- including this TV Land special to the right where I talked about Wonder Woman...

I was pretty chill until now, but last night it was so bad that I got hungry again, obsessed about being hungry, had to find something to eat, and then tried to sleep again; by 2am I was out cold, but it wasn't easy.

Then this morning I woke up, saw a friend on IM and sent him a note about the show. And as I went to the HGTV website to send him a link to our episode I found this:
Schedule...
Our Summary...

We're not listed! They have he "Urban Spa" episode listed as tonight (and again in August, FYI) and then when you go to our summary there's no air date at all!

Okay, now when I did the above-mentioned TV Land special the website airdates were all wrong, so I'm not totally freaking out. And HGTV has flipped around our times before on the website. And TV Guide and TIVO have specifically mentioned our episode title for tonight-- not sure if they are currently. So this could just be some new production assistant getting confused because we were the fourth taped but they want us first aired-- who knows?

But I still have to ask... WTF?! We have family coming over tonight! We bought cheese! I made pesto (which we're serving with a lovely penne pasta and grilled chicken)! We're making caprese salad! We got everything for a lovely Italian antipasto platter including olives, marinated artichoke hearts, marinated mushrooms, roasted bell peppers, wine... WE BOUGHT BREAD! (said with dramatic flair). It's just really annoying.

So I guess we won't know anything until 6:30pm tonight-- 9:30 for you east coasters because we get your east coast feed. If nothing else, we'll have a lovely cocktail party, celebrate Steve's brother getting a major design job before graduating college, and watch Fashion House commercials... But it would really be nice to toast the garden so if you know anyone at HGTV make a call, would you?

Thanks. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home