Urban Outsiders At Our Home

HGTV came out and redid our backyard in Los Angeles for their new show Urban Outsiders. This blog follows the entire journey and will be updated as the show airs. Entries are listed from recent to oldest-- just like with most blogs-- so if you want the whole story from the beginning, start in the archives.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Wonderful Weekend and HGTV Countdown Day 3!

This is Shannon of the famous LA blogging site Sha In LA. As often happens with bloggers in general and same-city bloggers in particular, Shannon and I have mutual friends. We learned this when Steve was cruising LA blogs and saw pictures of our friends Eric and Phil on her blog at the lovely downtown wine bar 626 Reserve. So I started going to her blog, she went to mine, and after Eric and Phil had their loft-warming downtown this Saturday the two of us finally met.

Fortunately, Shannon is a real blogger and brings her camera with her, so I stole these from her site.
Here she is with me...
And here is Lisa-- my boxing coach and friend-- Steve and myself at 626 Reserve where we had yummy dinner.

The cool thing about LA right now is how downtown is finally being redeveloped but Eric and Phil are on the early end, so you can still go down and find parking, discover new bars, and feel like you're on the inside track for what will be popular in 5+ years. Plus, with Steve and I living in Echo Park, we're only five minutes from downtown so we can visit and yet still have a backyard.

And speaking of backyards....

Urban Outsiders Premiere Watch 2006!

We're on this Wednesday, July 12, 9:30pm or 6:30 depending on your provider. Check listings.

And then we saw Elvis!

No joke, there we were... at a birthday party for Anthony and Karianne's baby. British Elvis showed up. I'd post a picture but I have an aversion to thin British Elvises (Elvisi? What is the plural of Elvis?). And since their baby is only a year old, I think this had more to do with dad than child. But let me just say one thing: I NEVER want to hear Anthony call me a geek again just because I like Battlestar Gallactica because good SciFi trumps dead singing drunks any day. That's all I'm sayin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home