Urban Outsiders At Our Home

HGTV came out and redid our backyard in Los Angeles for their new show Urban Outsiders. This blog follows the entire journey and will be updated as the show airs. Entries are listed from recent to oldest-- just like with most blogs-- so if you want the whole story from the beginning, start in the archives.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Backyard Weather Watch - Day 2 - The Brighter Side...

Looking at the weather started getting Steve and I depressed, but being obsessive, we couldn't stop doing it each morning. So instead of going to Yahoo for weather I thought I'd check out LATimes.com. Guess what?

Okay, it may be a blurry image (don't ask me why) but now it looks like the weather will actually be nicer through the weekend. You see, I don't care if it's accurate or not, I just like positive news.

So now I am no longer looking at Yahoo for my information. Too negative. Besides, Yahoo Maps got us so frickin' lost trying to get to Cirque du Soliel on Saturday that I hate them now. (I do have this theory that they get paid by cities to send people through the most economically depressed areas so that you'll stop, ask directions at a convenience store, and then buy a coke or something just to be polite. But that's my whole conspiracy theory thing kicking in so I'll move on now.)

Yesterday, Steve's dad came by the house with some fried chicken from Pollo Campero. Steve and I first stumbled on the chain a couple years ago when one opened in LA and we saw lines of Latino families winding down the block trying to get in. Most recently it's been featured on the Food Network show "The Secret Life of..." and that was enough to make Kurt hungry.

All I have to say is: YUMMY!

The chain was founded in 1971 in Guatemala and now it's a leading restaurant chain from Latin America. This is their big push in the US, and they're so popular because the crisp breading that encases those juicy pieces of meat has a somewhat spicier taste that is so good! Of course, it ruined our diet for about 10 minutes, but let's face it: our TV diet has been pretty weak as it is.

Seriously, you'll notice I stopped posting pictures of our healthful lunches, now didn't I?

Thank God we're not going to be shirtless and in jockstraps while working on the yard. That would've been flabby and tacky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home