Urban Outsiders At Our Home

HGTV came out and redid our backyard in Los Angeles for their new show Urban Outsiders. This blog follows the entire journey and will be updated as the show airs. Entries are listed from recent to oldest-- just like with most blogs-- so if you want the whole story from the beginning, start in the archives.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Backyard Weather Watch - Day 4 - The Great Flood!

"Oh my God!" Steve yelled, startling me awake from a very deep sleep. "The entire kitchen is flooded!"

I stumbled out of bed in my skivvies and staggered into the kitchen to see him crouched down trying to mop up the floor with paper towels and our kitchen rug. Steve sleeps in the buff, just so you get the visual. It was 8am, and I immediately looked to see if our living room drapes were open and offering our neighbors a free show. They weren't.

I opened our sink cabinet but the water wasn't coming from there.

"It looks like it's coming from the refrigerator," Steve said. Then he realized he was naked. "I'm going to put clothes on..." He walked back into the bedroom. I opened the refrigerator door to pull it out so that I could see what was wrong, praying that we didn't have a new appliance purchase in our future.

That's when I realized that the inside of our refrigerator was full of water. It seems the washers on our 12-year-old Britta water filter are no longer working and the whole thing leaked throughout the night. I breathed a sigh of relief and continued mopping up.
We are scheduled for load in and first day of shooting on Wednesday. Oh fun! Now the rain is getting closer! But today is bright and sunny, and instead of enjoying the outdoors, I'm going to be writing restaurant reviews for Metrosource.

Extended forecast...
Yesterday I climbed on the roof and pulled a lot of the loquats off our tree. They are small, yellow fruit and our tree produces them in abundance. They're also yummy and juicy, a combination of apricot/apple flavors. I think we might be able to make a nice slushy out of them, perfect for a blended vodka drink. I can't wait for summer and cocktails in our new yard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home